Saturday, July 05, 2008

I Am Her Daughter, Indeed!


One time I was looking for something on our old "baul" and guess what I've found? Mama's very old pic... I was really shocked. I remember taking a pic of myself on my cellphone that looks so much like that...I can't believe it! (Nag-ookrayan kami ng nanay ko magkamukha naman pala kami, hahaha!) I can't wait till mama sees this. No doubt, she's my mom!




Well, her 64th birthday is on July 10. How time flies... but my dear mother stopped counting her age since 47. She would usually joke around when people ask her of her age...she would always say she is only 47 - but when the person asking shows any hint of doubt and ask again, she would say " ah akala ko address ko tinatanong mo...nasa 60's nako..." (Our address back then was 47-B Aurora Blvd. San Juan). I cant think of any other mother who is as cool and as kalog as my mama. We would usually fight about petite things, she would usually make okray my weight and would often call me "babs" and of course...gagantihan ko sya and would normally joke about how old she was. We would always tease each other about how we look kaya I was laughing out loud when I saw her vintage picture. Para kaming pinagbiyak na bunga.

I have never as close to my mom as I am now...and I am so happy about that. On my younger years, I can't even joke about things like this with her. She is always busy and would rarely talk to me regarding childish stuff like this. We don't hang out as much as we do these past few years and we never bonded as much as we do right now. She is like a barkada to me. Actually, umaalis lang ako sa bahay to shop for clothes and shoes if I am with her...siguro kaya manang ang taste ko kasi barkada ko 64 years old na. hahahaha!

I hope and pray that God would give her long, healthy and comfortable life with us. I remember when we were watching the movie Caregiver of Sharon Cuneta on DVD... she said, "Mi, pag ganyan na ako..." (referring to the old man in the movie which is Sharon's patient) "bigyan mo ako ng mag-aalaga sa akin ha..." That thought struck me...and I immediately said "Ako na lang mismo mag-aalaga sayo ma..." and that's what I intend to do. I would be my mother's companion when time comes that she needs someone to bath for her, feed her, assist her in going to and fro the restroom - that's a promise I intend to keep for my mom.

And for mama, I know I am not the perfect daughter...there is even a time I left you and took things my own way but you know that I am now more mature and I now understand your frustrations and hurt. So I take time now to ask for your forgiveness for all the hurt I've caused you and for all your dreams for me that was vanished because of my childish ways. Mom, you have been my strength and my comforter and you never really gave up on me...Thank You for just being there...and finally, for forgetting the dreams you have for yourself so that we could reach ours....

Mama, I love you so much and Happy Birthday!


"A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie..."

-Tenneva Jordan



2 nakiemote:

b3ll3 said...

oo nga, parang duplicate! hehe

hapi bday po s mama u...

myles said...

hahaha, para kaming kambal diba!
"Blogger bunso said...

oo nga, parang duplicate! hehe

hapi bday po s mama u..."

Post a Comment

thanks sa pakikiemote friendship...balik ka ha...

 
;