Friday, February 22, 2008

my journey of 28 years...

I celebrated my birthday yesterday.. I was'nt able to sleep - maybe because I feel that from 12AM of February 22nd to 11:59 pm of the same day is mine so I think I might as well seize the day....though I really have no plans for the day besides going to church with my husband to thank God for giving me 28 wonderful years on earth... I intend to enjoy my birthday....Early morning was spent in front of the computer did some review tasks and checked on my blog - and found out that Liza gave me an award...such a nice gift for my birthday sis, that was actually my first award ever and it really means a lot to me...here it is...


Me and my husband went to Quaipo Church that day at around 9am...why Quaipo church? Hahaha, I remember one fellow blogger I love Philippines too asked me once why I am always in Quaipo area, that is because Quaipo is just 10 minutes away from our house and there are a lot of cute cheap stuff that you can find only in Carriedo. Also, I am fond of making my own beaded accessories and I am able to find a bead heaven somewhere near Isettan Recto where you can buy different types and colors of beads in a very cheap price. The site and the ambiance of Quaipo is not so appealing (I feel that that Quaipo is the dirtiest place I've ever been so far here in Manila) but
if you dig into the place, not minding what you see with regards to it's cleanliness - you'll find a real treasure. Hopefully Mayor Lim would look into this, clean it up and develop the site to unleash its full potential.

Anyway, after attending a mass... I again went to the bead store and bought some bead pieces that I would use to gain make some beaded accessories for my mother. I spent another thousand bucks for it although I initially told myself that I would control my spending especially when it comes to this hobby of mine. I am thinking of making money out of this maybe someday hopefully.
And then off we went to Divisoria which is just a 5 minute drive from Quaipo. I bought a cute blouse - only for php 200 and a magic pillow for php 100 ( i bought one that looks like this in a mall near our house but it cost me php 250!). We explored Divisoria and bought some things for the house then we ate at Tokyo Tokyo. After craving for Chinese food on Valentines Day ... now I want Japanese food. Though I'd prefer eating at Teriyaki Boy, the only Japanese restaurant around is Tokyo Tokyo. Jojo just bought a slice of Choco Mousse at a nearby resto Red Ribbon. I was so hungry so we decided to order 2 sets of sumo meals (each sumo meal is good enough for 2 person, gluttony ba ito?! hahaha) and since Tokyo Tokyo offered eat all you can rice, I think I've eaten a total of 3 servings. It's my birthday and I'll do what I damn well please...hehehe.


We went home at around 3 pm and just spent the rest of the day chatting and watching dvds. I really don't expect anyone to come but to my surprise...my cousins came and greeted me happy birthday. Only at that time did I know that my father arranged a small "salo salo" at his house (my father's house is just along the street) and invited my pinsan's to come over. Lelet, the one in black just had her vacation here in tha Philippines as she is California based - and I was really surprised to see her here. We just laughed, sang and chitchat the whole night. We indeed bonded.
In general, i really enjoyed this day. It's not the grandest nor the most sophisticated birthday celebration there is.. but for me... just the fact that I was able to reach my 28th year here on earth and knowing that a lot of people remembered this my special day is more than enough for me.


to all those people who greeted me on my birthday and for sharing your life with me...thank you so much from the bottom of my heart...


27 nakiemote:

Liz said...

Hi sis! Glad to hear that you had a fun day on your birthday.

Re EDSA: You may snag the post and post it here until tomorrow if you're up to it.

Cheers!

A Simple Life
http://mlizcochico.com

b3ll3 said...

belated happy birthday!
may the good Lord always blessed you!

GDE said...

Hi There Emo, hey i can't reply your comment....

There's no shoutbox at your blog, so i answer it here, hehe.....

aL|e said...

hello.. belated happy birthday! ^_^

ruthie said...

Mi!

Happy Birthday!!!! May you have more birthdays to come!

Miss you na!

Unknown said...

mimi!!!!

belated happy birthday!!!!!

bluedreamer27 said...

gheeeh congratulations for the awards and uhmm yum yum i love tokyo2x can i have some emotera haha
by the way i got an award and a tag for you hope you like it
have agreat day

HonEy BunnY said...

hiii sis seems you had a great bday party ... belated birthday wishes and keep on smiling . i have a tag for you check it .....

myles said...

thanks Liza for always checking out on me here. with re to EDSA - yeah, I'll do a post maybe on the day after tomorrow about that. People should be vigilant to fight for their rights.agree?

Blogger Liza said...
Hi sis! Glad to hear that you had a fun day on your birthday.
Re EDSA: You may snag the post and post it here until tomorrow if you're up to it."

myles said...

tnx bunso, golden drake and alle for the greetings. I appreciate it. =) btw, i used to have a cbox but since my template does have a steep layout - i think it's best to delete some widgets and cbox is one of those.

myles said...

Ruthie! thanks for dropping by. we'll see each other most likely monday next week! I'll treat you out together with Malen. Love yah!
"ruthie said...
Mi!Happy Birthday!!!! May you have more birthdays to come!
Miss you na!"

myles said...

Lenayism! Salamat natunton mo ako dito sa aking humble blog. Salamat! =)
"Blogger Lenay said...
mimi!!!!
belated happy birthday!!!!!"

myles said...

wow! I never thought blogging will be so much fun! thanks for the greetings and for the award bluedreemer! I am speechless... God Bless!

"bluedreamer27 said...
gheeeh congratulations for the awards and uhmm yum yum i love tokyo2x can i have some emotera haha
by the way i got an award and a tag for you hope you like it have agreat day"

myles said...

tnx for the visit sis! yeah will check on that tag...I'll do that tomorrow most likely...im sooo sleepy na! Goodnyt and God bless to you Honey Bunny!


"Blogger HonEy BunnY said...
hiii sis seems you had a great bday party ... belated birthday wishes and keep on smiling . i have a tag for you check it ....."

Micawatson said...

hey there

Anonymous said...

been here today

Nora P. said...

thanks for stopping by. Belated happy birthday to you..Take care and God Bless.

Filipina Ini said...

Uy! Belated happy birthday! Hmmm... yun pala ang reason... at na special mention pa ako! hahaha! Thanks!

Belated wish ko .. have more emotings to come.

Unknown said...

hi sis, belated happy bday..better late than never di ba? hehehe..ang daming tsibugan...i wish marunong din akong gumawa ng mga beads na sinasabi mo...i like accessories kasi..hehehe..

Lena said...

mimi belated happy birthday! mwaaaahh..kita kits sa monday ha...143

and regarding sa social climbing logo contest...please vote for me ha...dali hanggang 29 lang yun heheheh kaya vote for me na

Anino said...

Maligayang Kaarawan.
Pareho pala tayong kulang-kulang daw.hehehe.

myles said...

hey there mica and avee , tnx for dropping by!

myles said...

hi norra tnx for the greetings...God Bless!

"Blogger Nora P. said...
thanks for stopping by. Belated happy birthday to you..Take care and God Bless."

myles said...

hahaha! buti naman after 10 years ng paghahanap eh narating mo rin ang main blog ko, hahaaha! Special mention? opcourse lahat ata ng blog ko nalibot mo na eh and thank you dear for the greetings. God Bless!

"I Love Philippines! said...
Uy! Belated happy birthday! Hmmm... yun pala ang reason... at na special mention pa ako! hahaha! Thanks! Belated wish ko .. have more emotings to come."

DebbieDana said...

Hi there, blog hopping here from a friend's blog...would like to xlinks with you...thanks :)

myles said...

surely sis, have already added u on my blogroll! Hope to see u here often =)

"Blogger Dana and Debbie said...
Hi there, blog hopping here from a friend's blog...would like to xlinks with you...thanks :)"

desperateblogger said...

hi! belated! i already added your link. thanks for dropping by. later!

Post a Comment

thanks sa pakikiemote friendship...balik ka ha...

 
;