Wednesday, February 13, 2008

simple yet happy valentines date....

I've been craving for Chinese food for almost a week now...that started when I saw a show @ living asia wherein the host went to China and explore a street selling out the usual Chinese Street Food. You would'nt believe they sell like hotcakes! They feast on Chicken Noodles and Dumplings - and grabe, since then, this craving to eat an authentic Chinese cuisine grows inside me. I'm just fortunate that at this day February 13 falls under my restday and my fiance decided not to go to work today to treat me out and celebrate Valentines Day.

Well our Valentines date is not glamorous...grabe ang jologs nga, pero I love it! He asked me where I want to spend the day with him, and I told him I want to eat @ a Chinese Resto somewhere in Ongpin. He almost freaked out as he said it's so far from our place and he also is not so fond of Chinese delicacies - but anyway,of course, how can he say no to me when I told him "teary eyed" - "this is the perfect day for me to each pancit..., it's ether we go or we just stay home and watch DVD" . And being a gentleman and a loving better half - he had no choice but to accompany me wherever I want. Anyway, this is the season for loving and giving, too bad he needs to be the one to give way this time.

Anyway, we took MRT and walked through the busy streets of Manila. We came way across Cariedo, Quiapo Church (where I cant resist to buy some bead accessories that cost me more than a thousand bucks, grabe) and from a very long walk along Binondo and Ongpin area - we finally found a truly authentic Chinese Resto (or you may call it Chinese Carinderia). The feeling of being able to sit in a Chinese resto gives me a feeling of excitement and anticipation. The waiter gave us 2 glasses of tea - I think to myself - "wow, this is awesome!" In a more "sosyal" and "typical" Chinese Resto - you can find different varieties of dishes that you could order - but here they only offer 4 menus - BEEF, CHICKEN, or SEAFOOD NOODLE SOUP and DUMPLINGS! Wow! I felt thrilled as the host from LIVING ASIA said that a typical Chinese food stall in China only offers their special tea and i feel im in an authentic Chinese stall as I do only have limited options. I and my boyfriend bought 2 beef noodles that only costs P70 each, dumplings (8 pcs) that costs us P40 and 2 coke in can. I was surprised to see how large the bowl was and was also mesmerized on how they cook their dumplings. The noodle is really good and will really kill your hunger because of the large serving and the dumplings has its own distinctive taste (kind'a sour) but tastes fresh and delicious.

I can't finish the meal as it's too much for me (ows?! di halata) so being a typical Filipin
a that I am - I asked the waiter to just wrap the remaining noodles for me so I can just eat it at home (of course my fiance does not approved to that idea so he just let me do all the talking). The waiters are Filipinos so I think they are not surprised when I ask for it. Well, diko rin nakain because on our way home, I saw a beggar at the footbridge and I was moved so I just let him take it. It only costs Jojo P230 for the superb meal - a cheap dining but the time we spent together through this adventure of ours is so memorable to me. This is how I want to spend my Valentines day - happy, contented and loved. That simple lunch made my day... I believe it's not the amount you spend for your valentines date that matters...it's how you enjoyed spending the day with your loved ones. What's good is since nakatipid sya sa date namin...he bought me an ipod as a valentines gift. ang sweat! hehehe.

By the way, Jojo picked up the computer today and I am happy that I was able to dispose the previous one that I have (Jojo's friend will buy it - yahoo!). Hopefully, my blogging transactions would not anymore be interrupted by a sudden failure of it's hardware. AMEN.


How about you? How did you spend your Valentines Day? Hope you also have a good one. =)

29 nakiemote:

Filipina Ini said...

Wow! Nakakainggit naman. I do miss Philippines now... Months of without rice and everyday pasta. Italian food is superb but the body really asks for the food that it used to have.

The images are so jolly and you do look very VERY familiar. I guess I have really seen you back in PH.

myles said...

hehehe, talaga. uu talagang nakakamiss ang Pinas - iba talaga dito. kahit chaka lang pero yung experience iba.

i look so familiar ba? baka ako ang iyong long lost tita. hehehe - we should meet in the future. =)

Blogger I Love Philippines! said...

"The images are so jolly and you do look very VERY familiar. I guess I have really seen you back in PH."

J. said...

got u added already in my blogroll! thanks for initiating! see you around sis! happy v day!:-)

Anino said...

Na-linked ko na ang iyong blog.

Nasubukan mo na ba yung popular na resipe ng Tsina kung saan ay inilalagay sa dumplings ang fetus ng bata?

myles said...

hi there Jen! tnx for reciprocating and nice meeting you. God Bless! Happy V day too!

"Blogger Jen said...
got u added already in my blogroll! thanks for initiating! see you around sis! happy v day!:-)"

Anino said...

Sana makaboto ka araw-araw.Ibabalik ko ang suporta kung ikaw naman ang maging nominado.maraming salamat

myles said...

wahhhhh! ngayon ko lang narinig yan grabe anino. pero kung alam ko man yun...wala akong balak subukan..hehehe.

"Anino said...
Nasubukan mo na ba yung popular na resipe ng Tsina kung saan ay inilalagay sa dumplings ang fetus ng bata?"

Anonymous said...

hi happy vday, pls update my new url http://bestofavee.com thanks

myles said...

hi avee,
tnx for visiting sis, already updated ur url. happy vday!
"Blogger Avee said...
hi happy vday, pls update my new url http://bestofavee.com thanks"

Filipina Ini said...

OMG! Hahaha! Soweeee...sowee talaga Emotera. Okay, di na mauulit. I don't really remember why I have written Liza there. Anyway, have we x-linked already? With three blogs and ads to manage my brain has a limited space now! hahaha

Thanks for correcting me. Ingat

levian said...

Happy Valentine !! :) thanks for the link exchange, i've added yours as well. hehe. ;)

myles said...

hahaha, no problem, me ganun din akong tendency. nakakalito nga yun kung ganun.CU around. =)

"Blogger I Love Philippines! said...
Thanks for correcting me. Ingat"

myles said...

nice meeting you sis. happy vday as well. =)

"Blogger levian said...
Happy Valentine !! :) thanks for the link exchange, i've added yours as well. hehe. ;)"

Anino said...

Magaling daw ang recipeng iyon sa pampaganda ng kutis.

Lorie said...

Hi sis, na-add na kita. Thanks for visiting!

Pepe said...

Salamat sa pagdaan Emotera, emotera ka nga bang talaga....? =D Belated happy balemtayms day to you at nai-add na pala kita....! Take care....!

Unknown said...

cool blogs!!! mind exchangin linx..

myles said...

tnx sis,drop by anytime. =)

"Blogger Lorie said...
Hi sis, na-add na kita. Thanks for visiting!"

myles said...

100% emotera ini hahaha! salamat sa pagpasyal dito sa aking humble blog. =)

"Blogger Pepe said...
Salamat sa pagdaan Emotera, emotera ka nga bang talaga....? =D "

myles said...

surely...ehehehe, dipo available profile mu kaya diko matrace blog mo and nakalimutan mo ada ilagay yung link.... palagay nalang po and i'll add u. rgds!
"Blogger karthik said...
cool blogs!!! mind exchangin linx.."

Dakilang Tambay said...

sarap ng pagkain.. hehe

myles said...

hehehe, plangak...ginugutom tuloy ako ulit dahil jan... =)

"Blogger Dakilang Tambay said...
sarap ng pagkain.. hehe"

Liz said...

Nakakagutom naman! Happy weekend.

A Simple Life
http://mlzicochico.com

Unknown said...

hi sis, thanks for finding my blog..you've got a great blog and thanks for the link..i linked you up, too!

nope, i'm not korean...i'm a filipina living in Korea. Btw, you may also want to check out my food blog and ex link there, too! i'll link you up now in both of my blogs. hope you'll link my food blog, too! thanks a lot! mwaaaahhh...

myles said...

oo nga, miss ko na tuloy noodles. tnx for always dropping by Liza.
"Liza said...
Nakakagutom naman! Happy weekend.
A Simple Life
http://mlzicochico.com"

myles said...

tnx for dropping by, ganda ng blog mo - i've been wanting to visit Korea - parang ang lamig and parang laging early morning ang climate dun sa mga scenes sa mga koreanovela.expect more of my on your blog. tnx

"Blogger idealpinkrose said...
hi sis, thanks for finding my blog..you've got a great blog and thanks for the link..i linked you up, too!"

Filipina Ini said...

Hahaha..long lost Tita? Ngek! Yup, i miss the sun and the rice! Months or riceless meals na ako! huhuhu... Anong chaka? Manila lang naman chaka jan...joke.. provinces are still beautiful!

Hmmm..baka napadaan ka one time sa ayala ave.. dun dati tambayan ko eh..hehehe

Yup, we shpuld meet in the future..pagbalik ko jan.

Emotera said:
"hehehe, talaga. uu talagang nakakamiss ang Pinas - iba talaga dito. kahit chaka lang pero yung experience iba.

i look so familiar ba? baka ako ang iyong long lost tita. hehehe - we should meet in the future. =)"

Anonymous said...

dumaan po ako dito

Anino said...

Ang ganda ng pagkakagawa nito.pati posisyon ng larawan ay sakto!ganda!

Post a Comment

thanks sa pakikiemote friendship...balik ka ha...

 
;