Monday, February 18, 2008

"i want to save my soul...."

I am always looking forward to see the live telecast of the Senate of the ongoing Senate hearing regarding the ZTE scandal. Like many of us, I also want to know the facts straight from the horse's mouth - I want to see for myself who are those people who are running out of words because of their lies and those who confidently answers the questions because they are speaking out of their own personal knowledge and experiences. It's good that Sky Cable already installed and activated their service on our house because our tv (without cable connection) is a solid kapamilya - channel 2 (other channels reception are blurred and foggy).

So I woke up early, did my morning routine, cooked my lunch and waited for the live feed of the senate from ANC. While watching, I'm doing my bead collection (comprises of necklace, earing and bracelet) that I will later give as a present to my friends as a post valentine gift.

I don't know Mr. Jhun Lozada personally - besides the fact the we took the same course, ECE - I can't see any other connection. But I think what makes me a "fan" of him is because I was moved by his statement especially when Mirriam Defensor Santiago questioned his credibility...Here's the video:








Being a Christian, I know I am not flawless, I do commit a lot of mistakes and I am a sinner....but just because I'm not infallible does not mean I am not capable of telling the truth. I understand the Sen. Santiago wants to test his credibility as a witness but I don't think this kind of questions are necessary in the ongoing investigation...but being a very articulate man - Lozada was able to answer it with full confidence and with conviction. That made him a true credible witness.

I tried putting myself in Lozada's shoes and I've realized that he is trapped in a situation in which he needs to choose between black or white , good or evil.... If he choose evil - not say anything and just continue to live his normal, comfortable life - he will lose his soul. His conscience will disturb him everyday and he will lack sleep and will forever be haunted by the ghost of the past. If he choose to do good and tell everyone what he knows about the government's massive corruption .... his life will be complicated and in threat by those people he will be tagging along his testimony - but he gains his soul. I would choose the latter. I better be persecuted in this life than to suffer in eternity. This lifetime is just like a dot compared to the time frame we will spend in eternity. If this life is a test - Jhun Lozada definitely reviewed his lessons and will definitely pass the exam.

This is just my personal view, any comments, whether you agree or not - are greatly appreciated.

"I just did it because I want to save my soul...but thank you for making me realize that I am able to touch the country's soul as well..." - Engr. Rodolfo "Jhun" Lozada

14 nakiemote:

Anonymous said...

hi there, thanks for visiting. happy monday

myles said...

you're always welcome. drop by anytime. =)

"Blogger Avee said...
hi there, thanks for visiting. happy monday"

Gorgeous MUM said...

hello! i've added you already. thanks!

Deepak said...

Nice blog pal..Y cant u add a cbox?? so that v can maintain constant touch..
Tak care. Hav a nice day..

myles said...

hi mummy sheng, thank you thank you. hope you visit always. tnx

"Mummy Sheng said...
hello! i've added you already. thanks!"

myles said...

nice suggestion...have added one. tnx for visiting. =)

Blogger Deepak said...
Nice blog pal..Y cant u add a cbox?? so that v can maintain constant touch.."

bluedreamer27 said...

hello emotera its nice to have here in your blog
by the way gheeh i also made myself be updated with that zte scandal how i wish this thing will stop now.....do you thing GMA will resign??? gheeh
but then have a great day
i put you now in my blog roll so i can visit here often

Unknown said...

hi sis, thanks for visiting my site...have a nice weekend ahead!

b3ll3 said...

i dont know whto think about that issue.. well, im never interested to politics coz i dont know how to determine what is wrong or right...

i like your blog!

Unknown said...

hi sis, you've been tagged. you can view it here.

have a nice weekend~

myles said...

hi bluedreamer - well, i'm not so sure. not everyone is crying the resignation of Gloria. Maybe the fact that the nation is having a great economy somehow made people think that as long as the nation is progressing - it's ok to share some of the country's wealth to those politicians...hay....but hopefully all of these scandals and anomalies would be put to an end immediately. tnx bro .

"bluedreamer27 said...
by the way gheeh i also made myself be updated with that zte scandal how i wish this thing will stop now.....do you thing GMA will resign??? gheeh"

myles said...

helping each other is a good thing. happy weekend as well =)

"idealpinkrose said...
hi sis, thanks for visiting my site...have a nice weekend ahead!"

myles said...

hahaha, its ok bunso....i think you're so young to think about those politics. tnx for visiting though =)

"bunso said...
i dont know whto think about that issue.. well, im never interested to politics coz i dont know how to determine what is wrong or right..."

Lorie said...

Hi sis, I also admire him. He also serves as an inspiration. Not everyone has the strength to risk their life for the sake of everybody.

Post a Comment

thanks sa pakikiemote friendship...balik ka ha...

 
;