Friday, January 08, 2010

On Losing Another Friend

At last, it's my rest day! I with the whole team are really looking forward to this day as we are really feeling so stressed out due to a number of calls that we take these past couple of weeks. No avail time as in. Sup said it's most likely because most of Americans purchased a new laptop for Christmas and they are calling us for help on how to configure it. Anyways, after our shift last Wednesday (that would be Thursday morning), I together with most of my teammates went straight to Cafe Agogo to relax and just hang out. We really had a great time and just talked about our future plans and our views on what's happening to the office. We ate breakfast and had some beer. My friend Sam already passed her resignation. It's really a sad thing. She has been my friend for almost a year now...but I also know in the back of my mind that she is not happy in what she is doing anymore. She continues to fail her scorecard and we all know that sooner or later, she had to leave. What I am sad about is that when she passed her resignation letter to our coach, the coach bluntly said..."eh dito rin naman pala mapupunta to eh kasi hindi ka pumapasa sa scorecard..." ("this is the same exact path it would lead you because you are failing your scorecard") when they reviewed her performance for the past year. I feel bad for her because Coach should have at least try to console her and at least show a little sympathy. It's like putting a salt to a wound. I can't also blame Coach, he already have given her a lot of chances and yet she is not improving her scores. I think it's because she is stressed out and had a lot of issues in her family that she can hardly concentrate on her job. I just pray this resignation would help her ease her mind and focus on what she really wants.

I would definitely miss Sam. She is a type of lesbian who really does have a dream for herself. Someone, who inspite of ridicule and persecution she've got because of her gender still manages to stand up for her choice. I hope she finds her own niche and would be able to still fight her own battle.

Good night everyone!

the girls...

the boys...

the men....lol!

0 nakiemote:

Post a Comment

thanks sa pakikiemote friendship...balik ka ha...

 
;