Thursday, April 22, 2010

My Impacted Wisdom Tooth Was Finally Removed

This is the day! For more than a week now, I am being bothered by this toothache. Yung wisdom tooth ko may butas so I'm really cautious kung malalagyan sya ng mga excess food dahil I'm afraid na sumakit sya. If that would happen, goodbye food na dahil yung pangnguya ko ay yung tooth next to it. For sure, I wont be able to eat hard food anymore since ang pwede ko nalang ipang chew are my front teeth. Noooh, para akong lola nun. My friend Melai even teased me to just settle for Gerber and Marie nalang kung ayaw ko syang ipabunot. Lol. Kaya heto, after three hours of convincing myself na kailangan ko nang ipabunot ang wisdom tooth ko...my hubby already made an appointment with a Dental Clinic near our place to have my surgery facilitated at around 3pm the same day. After lunch and after watching our favorite korean telenovela's at TV5 "Gusto Ko Noon" (sobra I'm hooked) - we hurriedly went to the clinic. Before we go, we prayed together for a safe operation. To be honest with you, sobrang takot ako as in. I really got so nervous and afraid of what might happen but I entrust everything to the Lord. I lifted up to Him everything and prayed for guidance. So ayun, we went to the clinic at exactly 3pm. The dentist, Dr. Palma, is very nice and talagang very accomodating. It took him almost three hours to pull out this tooth! Grabe, up to this day, 24 hours after the operation, I can still feel the force nung tinatanggal nya yung wisdom tooth ko. Hindi ako masyadong nasaktan sa injection which was my initial fear. I told him beforehand that I have so little tolerance for pain...so what he did is he put in a gel like type of anesthesia and after nag numb na yung gilagid ko...tsaka naman nya ininject yung syringe. So wala talaga akong naramdamang pain dahil numb na yung gum before he injected it .The first thirty minutes was fine. He was able to pull the crown real quick. The hard and painful part was when he is trying to pull out the first root. Grabe it took him about an hour and a half to get it. That was also the part na sobrang painful, I keep on complaining about the pain so the dentist have to inject some more anesthesia on the painful part. The dentist keep on saying "Malapit na, konting tiis" to reassure me that my hardship would  soon be finished. At last, the first root was out. Medyo nakahinga ako ng maluwag, never did I know that it would take another thirty painful minutes before he could again pull out the second root. Grabe, installment pa kasi hinati nya yung ngipin ko. Though it's painful, tinitiis ko nalang because he said konti nalang pero yung mga times na sobrang unbearable yung pain..nagcocomplain ako. I started wondering why hindi nya na nilalagyan ng anesthesia yung gums ko when I complained about pain..I thought iniisip nya na baka maoverdose ako dahil sa dami ng gamot na nailagay nya na so medyo tinitiis ko. But when I felt na sobrang kirot na, I asked him to put in some more. He finally admitted na he ran out of anesthesia and already asked his assistant to buy some at a local drug store. Waaaahhh, doc naman eh. Sana hinintay muna natin kaysa naman nagdudusa ako ng ganito. Lol. Funny sya pero mind you...halos masipa ko na sya sa sakit habang hinahalukay nya ang bagang ko. Hahaha. Ayun, he asked me to rest for a while habang hinihintay namin ang meds. That was the longest fifteen minutes dahil sobrang makirot sya. Feeling ko nasa caesarian section ako. One thing kaya ayaw kong magbuntis is because I'm afraid of any operation or surgery promise. Anyways, finally the meds arrived and ayun tuloy ang laban. It took him about thirty minutes to pull out the second root and sobrang pakikipaglaban sa bagang ko yun ah. Haha. Parang wala nang bukas kung halukayin nya ang bagang ko. When he finally told me "Ito ang nagpahirap sayo" sabay angat ng bloody ngipin sa harap ko..I almost cried. Hayy, thank you Lord tapos na po. After the operation, he had to sew my bagang to put together the flesh that has been damaged. Hindi naman sya masakit pero I can still feel yung force ng karayom at sinulid in and out of my gums. Doc told me sobrang sarap siguro ng tulog ko mamaya because nawala na ang nagpapahirap sakin. Six thousand ang damage as opposed to five thousand na napagkasunduan because sobrang nahirapan ang dentist. Expensive pero naisip ko, I can always get it back, which means I need to work double time on my online work and siguro magovertime sa office which I doubt kung gagawin ko hehe. Went home kinda hilo and bangenge and after we went to nearby drugstore to buy the prescribed meds. Only now have I realized na mas okey ang guy na dentist, at first ayoko ng guy dentist because they tend to be so rude pag nagbubunot and "mabigat ang kamay"...but after going through this experience, naisip ko na pano kaya kung girl ang dentist. Yung guy na dentist nga have to operate me for three hours just to pull out my tooth and it's with so much effort ha...eh pano na pag girl. Siguro mga four to five hours, aw. Hayz, I don't want to go through the same experience again so I would have to make another appointment for temporary filling para dun sa iba ko pang bagang. Haha, naparanoid ang lolah nyo. Anyways, I also need to go back to the dentist next week to have my tahi removed so isasabay ko na ang pagpapapasta ng iba ko pang bagang since it's covered naman by my Intellicare Health Card. This experience is indeed an eye opener...don't wait till it's too late. The younger you are, the more suitable you are for operations like this. If you have an impacted wisdom tooth, have it removed while you're still young kasi at that time, the tooth roots are not yet fully developed and the surrounding bone is softer. The tooth tend to attach itself to the nearby nerves kasi as you age so decide as early as now if you are having the same problem. Anyways, my coach helped me file a 3 days leave of absence because of this operation na dikit sa restdays ko so I really hope makapagsalita na ako ng maayos after that. Thanks to my hubby took care of all my needs after this surgery, my mom who visited me, my dad who called me up just to see if I'm doing ok, Melai who gave me the encouragements, my beki teammates who sent their regards, to all my fb friends who wished me well,  and to all those who prayed for my fast recovery. This is my first surgery (and hopefully the last unless God would bless me with a child soon hehe) kaya medyo big deal para sa akin itech. Thank you Lord helping me endure all of this. I know all things work together for my own good...including this excruciating experience...


here's the xray of my impacted wisdom tooth. pati pagpapaxray para jan, sobrang painful. i need to bite kasi the xray device eh doc naman, me butas nga ipapakagat mo sa akin. I cried after the xray session. see kung pano ang tubo nya, halos nakadiagonal sya dun sa isang healthy tooth ko. ang pangit ng pagkakatubo mo tsong.. wala ka talaga sa lugar! &*(#%$ ...ipapahamak mo pa yung katabi mo ha...buti nalang inalis na kita sa bibig ko. inutil! haha, me poot pa rin noh...



here's my impaktong impacted wisdom tooth...grrr...ill crash you to bits!!!




If you're blessed, buy me a cup of frap!






3 nakiemote:

andrew said...

wow, that was one big tooth. good thing you had it removed as early as now. get well.

mommy jamie said...

grabe nga ako rin sis i had the same experience before pero sakin mga 2 hours lang lol. lamang ka saken ng isang oras.

ryan corpito said...

naku sakin nyan!

Post a Comment

thanks sa pakikiemote friendship...balik ka ha...

 
;