Wednesday, October 05, 2011

I'm A Certified Transcriptionist!


Just earlier today, I was able to do my first transcription work...and I passed! I applied for an online job through the internet and I was lucky to be accepted as an Online Transcriptionist. The job is to transcribe audio files. The company is based in Philadelphia and pays $0.25 per one minute audio file. Not much but its enough,  it's like P10.75 in our currency. I am happy that I was given that chance since I really don't have any experience being a transcriptionist. I remember wayback, this kind of job was so in demand a lot of schools even offer transcription courses. I thought of enrolling myself in one of those transcription courses but the tuition fee is so high.  Now, I'm very fortunate to land into this job without even a proper training. What's good is that I was able to transcribe a 15 minute audio file that was approved for payment. It took me four long hours to transcribe such a short audio file because there were two speakers, one of which is a Spanish woman with very heavy accent. After finishing that, I took my breakfast and again worked on a 2 minute audio file and both passed their standards. Hopefully I can learn the tricks of the trade and will be able to be a good transcriptionist. So far, so good...

0 nakiemote:

Post a Comment

thanks sa pakikiemote friendship...balik ka ha...

 
;